Volunteer with Accord Outreach
Our volunteers are the engine room of Accord Outreach.
They are literally the heart and soul of the organisation bringing devotion, dedication and hope wherever they go. Accord Outreach would not exist without them.
Our team of volunteers reach out daily to many locations across Qld offering companionship, a sense of belonging and a lending hand.
- We ask our volunteers to commit to a minimum of 4 hours once a month.
- All volunteers are allocated to a team that visit the streets once a month. Their location is consistently the same so that recipients know where and when to go.
- Teams meet at our branch head Office at the appointed time where they will first take some time to enjoy fellowship and community together.
- Van preparation takes place along with a review of reports so that all volunteers are on board with expectations or any new developments.
- Team Leaders perform a simple review with the team and lead the Accord Outreach prayer. Once done the team heads out to the outreach location.
- Teams spend two hours doing street sharing, creating friendships with a drink and something to eat.
- The team then travels back to the main base together in the Accord Outreach van.
- Teams offload, scrub up and debrief before departing for home.
To view volunteer availability please visit the branch pages.
The benefits to volunteering are obvious; a sense of accomplishment and meaning, community appreciation, greater self-worth, new skills development, a better work-life harmony and so much more.
It’s no wonder then that many volunteers often say that they get back just as much if not more than the people they are helping.
Accord Outreach offers many ways to volunteer. Whether it’s joining a specific Queensland branch, attending a once of outreach, partaking at Schoolies or working in admin for head office or a specific branch.